The woven basket with a pointed lid is a Rwandan cultural symbol. The traditional stripe pattern represents a path taken by friends, carrying gifts to another dear friend. These miniature baskets are a beautiful way to bring a piece of Rwandan tradition to your Christmas celebration.
They also make wonderful gifts for wedding or shower guests. Woven from natural sisal fibers, these baskets are lightweight. An artisan weaves for at least one full day to create one 4 inch basket. Though securely attached, the lids of these miniature baskets can be removed- it’s the perfect hiding place for a small gift!
Buy one, or create your own set. Or adorn your whole tree in baskets!
The Handcrafted Details
- Hand woven from natural sisal fibers.
- An artisan weaves for at least one full day to create one basket.
- Choose your color! Basket designs may very slightly.
- Ask us about the possibility of special-ordering miniature baskets in the colors of your choice: email@example.com. They great wedding favors or special occasion gifts!
- Miniature baskets can be opened to reveal a bit of artisan information and space to hold a small gift or treat.
- Height: Tall = 4 inches
- Care: Dust with a dry cloth.
About Azizi Life:
Azizi Life is a fair trade organization which partners with Rwandan artisans to bring beautifully designed, hand crafted goods to the world. As a not-for-profit organization, Azizi Life is dedicated to the wellbeing of our artisan partners and their families. In addition to opening economic opportunity through fair trade, Azizi Life invests in a range of community impact projects. Our Rwandan-led team facilitates adult literacy classes and offers other practical resources for personal, spiritual, and economic growth.